What is YetiScript?
YetiScript tries to be as close to yeti as it can, however there are some differences.
YetiScript is in early development and still very buggy, however it compiles nearly all of yeti-code.
Update Version 0.2.1
- 26-11-2014 Chrome Extension using the build in compileserver as seperat project YetiScriptConsole
- 26-11-2014 fixed bug in npm module logging jar which node did not understand
- 25-11-2014 added webserver to use compiler/repl as local rest-api use the -server swith on yjs to start a NanoHTTPD server wich compiles yetiscript as rest-service.
- 21-11-2014 repl now works with rhino
- 21-11-2014 removed dependencie on lo-dash The import was making trouble, so I went further to remove it all together
Updates Version 0.1.1
- 20-11-2014 Published to npm
YetiScript can be installed as a node.js module. The modulename is
yetiscriptthe if installed globally it can be invoked with the
- 20-11-2014 New Versioning Scheme and Version 0.1.1
Yetiscript uses the node.js versioning scheme. And starts all over new with Version 0.1.1. The version is in the std api
yetiScriptVersion. The version of yeti the current YetiScript is based on is in
Java JDK7 is required an
java must be on the path.
YetiScript itself is distributed as a npm-module. To install it execute the
//test jave version >java -version java version "1.7.0....." //install yetiscript >npm install yetiscript -g .... //use yjs to run the yetiscript compiler >yjs help msg ....
Alternatively (and to use the lates version) you can git clone it and build it with ant
> git clone git://github.com/chrisichris/yetiscript.git > cd yetiscript > ant
yjs.jar contains everything needed and can be use like the
Evaluate an expression with node:
$yjs -e "1 + 1" | node
evaluate an expression with rhino (build into JDK7):
$yjs -r -e "1 + 1"
run an example using node:
yjs examples/fact.yjs | node
run an example using the build in rhino:
yjs -r examples/fact.yjs
compile an example to
yjs -d build examples/fact.yjs
yjs yjs.jar -h
Please point all your questions and feedback to the yeti mailinglist.
- tutorial - tutorial for the original yeti language (note the differences doc)
- differences to yeti - differences of yetiscript to yeti
- yeti std api - api docs for the std api of yeti which is nearly identical to yetiscripts std
is mostly supported)
- std.yjs : the source of the YetiScript std api
- yeti homepage : the homepage of yeti with a lot more info
- YetiScript wiki: feel free to add
Uses the following apis:
- nanohttpd (modified BSD license)