NODE_CTF - A Node/Express JS CTF Scoreboard
NODE_CTF is a CTF scoreboard for more offensive based CTF's. This uses jquery , node, and express. However, this could be used for any type of ctf as it allows generic questions and answers to be put in along with questions/hints. I created this because I felt like I couldn't find any CTF scoreboard that fit my needs. I also did this to learn node a bit better and took me about 6 days. Enjoy!
Made with node v6.9.1 and tested in Windows 7 / 8
- User Registration
- Toggle Registration on/off
- Flags submission
- Trivia questions which unlock hints
- Nav panel
- Targets Panel which displays a root and limited flag. Changes colors on capturing flags
- Leader Scoreboard (of course!)
- News feed ticker ( collapses on click) (lets you know what other people are up to and allows admins to send messages)
- Custom Avatars and coloring for team/user profiles.
- Account management Panel
- Admin Panel for managing users, creating flags, sending news to everyone, downloading log data
- LOGGING (optional - off by default) ! It is a hacking ctf scoreboard after all. This way you can keep an eye on an suspicious activity against the site.
- Efficiency - NODE_CTF uses clustering and sql pooling to increase performance and handle large loads
#HOW TO RUN
- cd to root dir
- run "node app.js"
- git clone https://github.com/chrisjd20/node_ctf.git
- npm install
- Change values on lines 44-50 to reflect your system and db info
- node app.js <----- This starts the server
- Default creds are admin/admin. Change this asap
- Be careful who has access to the admin account. There is minimal input filtering for admin as of right now though regular users should be fairly locked down. Ex - Admin is the only one with access to post custom messages to the news feed. script tags etc...
- Other than that, should be fairly secure. If you find any issues, please email me at admin (at) hackitlab . com