A Solitaire Card Game.
This modified game is inspired by the game "Tetris Solitaire" created by Randy Rasa.
- Chris Jim (However, I did not contribute to the making of the GUI class and I did not make the game rules)
- Randy Rasa
- Elevens Lab(College Board) optional portion.
- Clone the repository, download ALL gifs in the cards folder.
- Run the game on IDEs such as bluejay.
How to play:
- This game uses a 10-card board.
- Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q correspond to the point values of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
- Pairs of cards whose point values add up to 13 are selected and removed.
- Kings are selected and removed singly.
- Only two cards can be picked and removed at once.
- If no remaining moves are available, you lose.
- You will get the hang of it.
HOW TO START THIS PROJECT: ( Top-Down Development/ Object-Oriented Approach)
- Create an abstract board class for inheritance
- Create a Card class and create mutator methods and comparison methods that can be specifically used on Card objects.
- Create a Deck class. We will use this to create a deck of cards, keep track of the dealt cards and undealt cards, as well as shuffle and deal cards.
- Create a GUI class to provide GUI for the game Thirteens.
- Lastly, create a driver class to run and start the game by first creating a a ThirteensBoard object.