Before making an issue, please make sure to read the contributing file!
Rhythm Heaven Remix Editor (RHRE)
A custom remix editor for the Rhythm Heaven series
As of 2020-10-25, this project is no longer in development, and is not accepting new issues.
Read the README here.
Read the documentation here.
Check out the Rhythm Heaven Game Randomizer—a tool to set remixing challenges
Also see the RHRE SFX Database Editor—a GUI for editing the RHRE SFX Database
- A 64-bit version of Java, Java 8 or newer
- A graphics driver that supports OpenGL ES 2.0 or higher
- Windows 7 or newer, or Linux (recommended Ubuntu 20.04 LTS or newer)
- macOS support has been dropped as of 2020-08-14
- An Internet connection to download the SFX Database
- Drag-and-drop common Rhythm Heaven minigame patterns into your remix
- Change tempo and music volumes easily mid-way through the remix
- Automatic SFX database updating as community fixes/additions get pulled in
- Play the remixes you create using the Playalong function
- Every Rhythm Heaven minigame is here!
Installation is straightforward. Please ensure your computer meets the Requirements above.
- Go to the most recent release and download the
Xis the current version number.
- Once downloaded, extract this zip file to a location like the Desktop. On Windows, open the zip file and click Extract.
- Open the extracted folder. Depending on your operating system, run the following file:
- On Windows: double-click the
- On Linux: run the
run_linux.shfile via Terminal (
- Let the program download the necessary SFX if this is a first boot. You'll see something along the lines of "Receiving objects" while it loads. This may take several minutes.
- Read the README and get remixing!
Updating the program
From v3.20.0 and newer: To update the program, click the "Download and install update" button when the program greets you with the prompt. You can also check for updates manually in the Info and Settings screen, or update manually using the instructions below.
From v3.19.5 and earlier: To update the program, download the latest version and run RHRE from the new version.
Rhythm Heaven is not my property—it is the intellectual property of Nintendo. This program is NOT endorsed nor sponsored in any way by Nintendo. All used properties of Nintendo (such as names, audio, graphics, etc.) in this software are not intended to maliciously infringe trademark rights. All other trademarks and assets are property of their respective owners. This is a community project and this is available for others to use according to the GPL-3.0 license, without charge.
For the repository holding RHRE version v0.1.0-alpha to v0.4.4-alpha (collectively known as RHRE0), go to https://github.com/chrislo27/RHRE0.