Sample app from the OpenGL ES for iOS 5 talk by Chris Miles at Swipe Conference 2012.
The app demonstrates how to implement simple OpenGL ES rendering concepts using GLKit, such as:
- Setup OpenGL ES scene using GLKViewController + GLKView
- Rendering triangles (GL_TRIANGLES) and meshes made of triangles
- Applying vertex colours, using GLKBaseEffect
- Applying lighting, using GLKBaseEffect
- Applying texturing, using GLKBaseEffect and GLKTextureLoader
- Using Vertex Array Objects (VAO) and Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO)
- Using interleaved vertex arrays (IVA)
- Animating vertex positions (tap screen to animate between flat triangles and 3D open box shape)
The sample app is universal and supports all orientations.
Find the presentation slides at https://speakerdeck.com/chrismiles/opengl-es-with-ios-5-part-1-learning-to-draw
SwipeOpenGLTriangles is Copyright (c) 2012 Chris Miles and released open source with a MIT license.
The images included with the project are Copyright (c) 2012 Chris Miles and are available for distribution under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
See LICENSE.txt for more details.