A Google Chrome extension which replaces the default new tab page with a blank screen. See my blog post Distraction-free new tab for more details.
- Same background color as other native Chrome tabs
- Same title as the default new tab page ("New tab")
- Download a zip file of the latest code or clone this repository onto your computer somewhere.
- Open Google Chrome and go to the extensions screen (Window → Extensions)
- Make sure the "Developer mode" switch in the top right is turned on.
- Click "Load unpacked" in the top left and navigate to the extension.
That's it! Now when you open a new tab you will see a nice, distraction-free, blank page.