node.io is a distributed data scraping and processing framework
- Includes a robust framework for scraping, selecting and traversing data from the web
- Includes a data validation and sanitization framework
- Easily handle a variety of input / output - files, databases, streams, stdin/stdout, etc.
- Speed up execution by distributing work across multiple processes and (soon) other servers
- Manage & run jobs through a web interface
Follow @nodeio for updates.
To install node.io, use npm
$ npm install node.io
If you do not have npm or Node.JS v0.2.5+, see this page.
history.md lists recent changes.
- More tests & better coverage
- Finish writing up the wiki
- Fix up the http://node.io/ page
- Add more DOM selector / traversal methods
- Add distributed processing
- Speed improvements
If you want to contribute, please fork/pull.
If you find a bug, please report the issue here.
node.io wouldn't be possible without
Copyright (c) 2010 Chris O'Hara email@example.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.