- Create modular and extendable jobs for scraping and processing data
- Includes a robust framework for scraping, selecting and traversing data from the web
- Includes support for a variety of proxies
- Includes a data validation and sanitization framework
- Easily handle a variety of input output situations - node.io does the heavy lifting
- Reading / writing lines to and from files
- Reading / writing rows to and from a database
- Traversing files in a directory
- STDIN / STDOUT / streams / continuous IO
- Piping data to other processes or node.io jobs
- Any combination of the above, or write your own IO
- Provides support for retries, timeouts, dynamically adding input, etc.
- Manage & run jobs through a web interface
- Run encrypted jobs made with packnode
- Speed up execution by distributing work across multiple processes and (soon) other servers
To install node.io, run
$ npm install node.io
To run tests
$ make test
For usage details
$ node.io --help
Note: node.io is a BETA release. There will no doubt be some bugs and oddities.
- More tests & better coverage
- Improve documentation and examples
- Installation without NPM
- Fix up the http://node.io/ site
- Add more DOM selector / traversal methods
- Add distributed processing
- Speed improvements
history.md lists recent changes.
If you find a bug, please report the issue here.
If you want to contribute, please fork/pull.
node.io wouldn't be possible without
Copyright (c) 2010 Chris O'Hara firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.