- Over 8 years of web development experience
- Two years of Android experience
- Five years of developing web applications on *nix platforms with RubyOnRails
- Close to three years of jQuery experience
Frameworks & SDK's
Node.js, RubyOnRails, Android
MySql, Sqlite3, MongoDB
Operating Systems / Distros
Ubuntu/Debian, Archlinux, OS X
Showbie: Front End Developer 2014-Present
- Develop Ember.js based web app, replicating the existing iOS app on the web
MitreMedia: Architect 2012-2013
- Server and deployment setup for existing apps
- Design and development of internal article publishing application
Intelligent Imaging Systems: 2011-2012
Drivewyze - PrePass App
- Allow drivers to receive possible bypass notifications from weigh stations if they or their company has a good record for being within the truck weight limits.
- Allow drivers to automate road toll fee payments for participating toll booths.
Position: Product Architect (Feb 2012 - August 2012)
- Responsible for creating and documenting logic for mobile devices and server API
- Liaison between client and developers
Position: Software Developer (June 2011 - Feb 2012)
- Primary Android developer
- Java, Android, Sqlite3
- UI design for all mobile platforms
Greenstem: Developer 2008 - Present (Personally owned company)
- Web app to allow gyms to create workouts, members to post results and communicate with other members.
- Angular.js front-end, Node.js api
- Allows for people to log their workouts, track their improvements and share their results with friends.
- RubyOnRails, jQuery, MySql, MiniTest, Nginx, Archlinux
- No longer available
- Web application to allow leagues to create their game schedules and manage the league throughout the season.
- RubyOnRails, jQuery, MySql, ActiveRecord, Test::Unit, Nginx, Archlinux
- Android application entered into the Apps4Edmonton contest that provided users with quick access to city information.
- Android, Java, Sqlite3, Sinatra, DataMapper, Nginx, Ubuntu
- Web application that allows for the easy creation of custom websites for realtors.
- RubyOnRails, jQuery, MySql, ActiveRecord, Rspec, Nginx, Archlinux
Minigroup: Developer 2010-2011
- Remote contract
- Worked primarily on the back-end server logic along with some front-end jQuery.
- Created search module to allow users to find notes, links and/or assets.
- RubyOnRails, jQuery, Mysql, ActiveRecord, Test::Unit
Zedi: Web Developer 2008-2010
Worked on a joint project with Schlumberger to customize existing application to allow for a smooth transition from their previous well site monitoring tools.
- ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate, Oracle
Successfully completed a scalability project to allow the site to handle the increased user load.
- ASP.NET, jQuery, NHibernate, Oracle
Completed the SCADA drag n’ drop interface to allow users to monitor various on site sensors.
- jQuery, ASP.NET, NHibernate, Oracle
Alberta Education: System Analyst II 2005-2007
- Created web app for Special Requests that allowed students to apply online.
- Allowed the Special Request staff to process student requests online.
- ASP.NET, VB.NET, DryCleaner, MSSQL
Alberta Education: Summer Student 2004 (4 months)
- Developed in-house application to allow flagged exams with scan errors to be corrected online instead of manually.
- Application increased the speed of the process greater than 10 times.
- VB.NET Win32, MSSQL
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Computer System Technology Diploma (1/2002 - 12/2004)
- Graduated with an average above 90%
- Received the Jason Lang Scholarship
University of Alberta
- BSc w/ specialization in chemistry (9/1994 - 1/2000)
- Worked for 2 years in chemistry lab at fertilizer plant (Agrium)
- One year internship at National Centre for Upgrading Technology (NCUT)