Prospective memory helps us remember to perform an action in the future. We often use physical locations and cues, to remember daily activities like taking pills, or walk the dog. In digital spaces, there is often no equivalent device.
PM is a chrome extension that allows reminders to be contextually placed in a browser location.
You could use a reminder to send a message to someone in gmail, make notes on a web app you are developing, github project page, or leave "guilty" notes in places we go when not working (reddit, hacker news, etc).
The reminder messages are stored online with the following services, meaning you can access from all your devices:
A future feature will support providing an instance id, so you add more context:
Attaching a reminder
Just click the "PM" icon or hit "Ctrl+M" (mac) or "Ctrl+Shift+M" (windows), type a reminder, and attach it to the page.
- To edit, click on a reminder to bring up an edit box and update the text.
- To delete, hover over a reminder, and click the "x". This will remove the reminder from remember the milk.
- To snooze, hover over a reminder, and click the "bell". A snoozed reminder will be hidden for the next 8 hours. This willset a due date field, 8 hours from now.
To help you notice reminders, the tab icon is updated with the number of reminders currently attached to a tab.
To install from web store.
- Download from Chrome web store
- Click "Add to Chrome"
To install from source:
- Download and unzip
- In chrome, visit:
- Click load unpacked extension and visit directory of unzipped file.
- Should be installed! Follow instructions on setting up authenication with service.