Laptop is a script to set up your Max OS X laptop as a Rails development machine.
Before you run this script, you need compilers like GCC, LLVM, and Clang.
Run the script:
bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/chrisrhoden/laptop/master/mac)
What it sets up
- SSH public key (for authenticating with services like Github and Heroku)
- Homebrew (for managing operating system libraries)
- Ack (for finding things in files)
- MySQL (for storing relational data)
- RVM (for managing versions of the Ruby programming language)
- Ruby language (for writing general-purpose code)
- Bundler gem (for managing Ruby libraries)
- MySQL gem (for making Ruby talk to SQL databases)
It should take about 30 minutes for everything to install, depending on your machine.