A paper about this library was published at the Modelica Conference 2019.
Modelica library for the simulation of photo voltaic cells, modules and plants. The library provides:
- Simple cell models based on one diode and a irradiance dependent current source including temperature dependence of the open circuit voltage and the short circuit current
- Simple symmetric modules and non-symmetric module including shading of cells
- Simple symmetric plant
- Solar pyramid model
- Cell, module and plant parameters can be taken directly from manufacturer data sheets
- Data of commercial modules stored in Modelica Records for convenient investigations
- Analytical irradiance model without weather conditions
- Single and three phase quasi static converters
- Three phase transient converter
- Maximum power tracker based on continuous voltage regulation
- Linear, symmetric and chargable battery model, parameterized by cut off voltage, charge voltage, energy
Image source: OEWF
TGM Photovoltaic Power Plants
Actual irradiance and electric power measurement data of the TGM power plants in Vienna are provided in the PhotoVoltaics_TGM library. Measurements and simulation results can be compared by the provided example models. The PhotoVoltaics_TGM library relies on the Buildings library.
This libray was awarded with the second price at library award of the 13th Modelica Confernce, Regensburg 2019.
The Modelica code of the PhotoVoltaics library, the images and the measurement data of the TGM are released under the BSD 3-clause license.
Development and contribution
The library was developed during a Diploma project at the Technical Engineering College, TGM, Wexstraße 19-23, 1200 Vienna, Austria. Library authors are Jovan Brkic, Muaz Ceran, Mohamed Elmoghazy, Ramazan Kavlak, and Christian Kral.
The three phase transient multi phase converter was contributed by Luiz Bueno, RWTH Aachen, Germany.