Kirby Knowledge Base
Kirby is a simple file-based cms, made by Bastian Allgeier. At 6Wunderkinder we're using it as an internal knowledge-base for any type of documentation (processes, products, API...). It took us a long time to find the best setup for this and because we think most companies are struggling with this, we decided to open-source it.
- Markdown Formatting
- Syntax Highlighting
How to install?
Installing this is super simple!
- Download and install Kirby
- Download/clone this repository and copy over the files into the existing Kirby directories created in step 1.
- Create your own structure in the content folder! We've kept our's for the sake of demonstration, just delete what you don't need.
Tip: We highly recommend to use Kirby with Dropbox - locally and on your server and to share the content folder with everyone in the team to make editing content extremely simple.
What we've used to create the knowledge-base
- We've rewritten the treemenu snippet to create a simple and clean menu
- We've used the breadcrumb snippet
- We've used the search plugin
- We've used the syntax highlighting plugin
- We created this simple theme (and got inspired from Facebook's docs)
More about Kirby
If you want to read more about how to format text with Kirby, please read the following links.