fbLikes is an extra for MODX Revolution that returns the number of fans for a facebook page and caches the results for specific time.
Download / Installation
You can install the extra via MODX Package Management inside your Manager (search for "fbLikes") or download it from http://modx.com/extras/package/fblikes
Manual Installation Instructions
(If you don't like to install the extra via MODX Package Management...)
- Copy the contents of the snippet file (fblikes.snippet.php) from github
- Go to your MODX Revolution Manager, create a new snippet, paste the content from your clipboard and save it
- Open a resource or chunk (or wherever you want to display your fan number) and add the snippet call:
[[!fbLikes? &pageid=`19110642979` &expiretime=`10800`]]
- pageid - the id of your facebook fanpage (username is also possible)
- expiretime - lifetime of the cache in seconds (default 10800, 3 hours)
fbLikes has been released as open source under the GPL v2 (or later) license. This means that while I hope this is useful, I am not responsible for the effects of using it and can not be held liable for any (financial) damage incurred from using it.
I welcome people taking this addon and customizing it to their needs. A pull request for any improvements would be great!