This project contains code that can run benchmarks for the following .NET centric embedded database technologies:
- Access 2013
- SQL Server Compact 4.0.8876.1
- SQL Server Express LocalDB 2012 - 2014 - 2016
- System.Data.Sqlite (1.0.104)
A full description of the benchmark results can be read in this blog post.
- Access 2013 requires the Access 2013 Runtime installed for those without a suitable Office installed (please note that the 32-bit version is required for JET).
- SQl Server Express LocalDB 2012 - install SqlLocalDB.msi.
- SQL Server Express LocalDB 2014 - install SqlLocalDB.msi.
- SQL Server Express LocalDB 2016 - as far as I know there exists no official standalone SqlLocalDB installer, so it must be installed through feature selection in the SQL Server Express installer instead.