hi, i'm Chris Veleris, a Senior Software Engineer with 13+ years of experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Security and Networking.
In the past, I have worked as a Senior Software Engineer, Lead Security Software Developer, a Senior Service Delivery Analyst and a Freelance Programmer, so I deeply understand the business's complex necessities by possessing strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
By working in different roles, I have built a wide skillset consisting of different languages, platforms and technologies, looking forward to broaden my knowledge in different methodologies and techniques. I work smart on requirements to bring the results requested on time, working in teams, always striving for bug-free, tested, commented, documented and organized code with respect to my colleagues.
I am currently expanding my knowledge by passionately reading and taking courses in cybersecurity & pentesting techniques, artificial intelligence & machine learning, blockchain and internet of things.
- Linux & BSD configuration & administration: Debian, OpenBSD, Arch
- Networking: Common network and application protocols
- Security: Development practices, Pentesting, CTFs
- Testing: Experience in creating and executing test plans (Minitest, Jest)
- Architecture design, Agile management (JIRA), Problem solving, Knowledge base building (Confluence)
- Also: Microservices, Kafka, ElasticSearch