Server-side implementation is at chrisx8/purduetriptimer-server.
We never knew how long it would take to get from one building to another and we don't want anyone to have that problem in the future.
Lets the user choose from some of the most popular locations on campus, choose a travel method, see an estimated time for their trip, and upload their own trip time information.
We built a mobile app using the Android SDK in Android Studio.
Weird bugs throughout, getting the
findFavorites() method to work, getting the timer to pause and reset, server-side database errors.
We built an android app that actually runs properly with no previous relevant android experience.
- Real-life GitHub collaboration experience
- Fundamentals of Android app development
- Collaborating in a remote setting.
- Implementing map functionality
- Cleaning up and polishing the user interface
- Show error messages from the server