hterm is a JS library that provides a terminal emulator. It is reasonably fast, reasonably correct, and reasonably portable across browsers.
Do not confuse this with an ssh client (like Secure Shell) or a shell environment by itself. It only provides the platform for rendering terminal output and accepting keyboard input.
The chromium-hterm mailing list can be used to contact other users and developers for questions.
Our existing set of bugs/feature requests can be found at https://goo.gl/VkasRC.
To file an actual report, you can use https://goo.gl/vb94JY. This will route to the right people.
We require ECMAScript 6 (ES6), aka ES2015. If you're using an older runtime, then sorry, you're not supported. Fortunately, all modern browsers today have full ES6 support!
We might use some ES2016+ features as we deem useful, but only ones that can be
polyfilled (and we'll include those polyfills by way of libdot). We'll avoid
language features (such as
async) that can't be polyfilled.
Of course, we might slip up and use something that violates these stated goals. Feel free to let us know via the Contact section above! :)
Mirrors & Packaging
- https://chromium.googlesource.com/apps/libapps/+/master/hterm: Main project site.
- https://github.com/chromium/hterm: Mirror of just the hterm/ subdir. Updated from time to time by developers.
- https://github.com/libapps/hterm: Another mirror (in the libapps namespace).
- https://www.npmjs.com/package/hterm: Packaging for npm installs.
- Authors -- List of people who have contributed
- ChangeLog -- List of interesting changes in each release
- FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- Keyboard Bindings -- All keyboard related details
- Control Sequences -- Supported control sequences
- Embedding -- Using hterm in your project
- Hacking -- Developing the hterm source