Create a static web site for your music using the metadata in your mp3 files.
Concept: Avoid the security overhead of a dynamic web page by generating a static site from the metadata in the mp3 files. Avoid ALL server-side processing.
Prerequite: The program requires the Mutagen python module. You can find it here: https://github.com/quodlibet/mutagen
- Copy all your mp3 files into the songfiles directory.
- Copy one of the existing skin directories and edit as desired.
- Change the skin name in autobandsite.py to the directory name of your skin.
- In the siteinfo.py for your skin, edit the info as desired.
- Run autobandsite.py , where is one of the site root keys in siteinfo.py.
- Copy the files from autobandsite-build to your web site.
- All mp3 files must have an album name and a track number defined.
- Generated site files will not work properly by browsing the files. A web server is required for the site to function properly.
- Logic Pro X fills in an entire date/time string when it populates year in the song's metadata, which breaks program. Use something else for populating the year field of the metadata.