A Spree extension: allows for downloadable products that are served from your own server. Options include zipping multiple files for downloads, download limits, and emails links. Using the paperclip plugin, this should be already installed from spree installation. Currently working for spree gem 0.8.5. If you are working on source, take a look at the "master" branch.
- script/extension install git://github.com/chtrinh/downloadable.git
- rake gems:install
- rake db:migrate
Thank you to the all those in the Spree community! Special thanks to dreamcat4 for point out some bugs and issues Suggestions and comments welcomed, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requires 'rubyzip' gem - sudo gem install rubyzip - Enable X-Sendfile to be of praticial use, see comments in product_download_controller. - Ignores shipping/shipment attributes when there are ONLY downloadable products - Overrides core controllers/models like product.rb - might cause issues when upgrading to future releases.
- Bulk downloads! - auto zips all files you "enabled" in admin - Unlimited download settings - Download limits - Global and/or product specific settings - Admin CP changes are in the following Configuration tabs and Product tabs. - Email links when order completes
- SHA folder names to prevent unauthorize access to download links (prevent lucky guesses to public/xyz/xyz/) - Option to remove/flush unwanted zip files. - Integrate spree-s3-download, probably create a fork - Integrate or fork to another extension for mulitiple email templates. - Make it all RESTful.
- http://blog.lighttpd.net/articles/2006/07/02/x-sendfile - http://www.superwick.com/archives/2007/06/14/generating-zip-file-archives-via-ruby-on-rails/
The MIT License
Copyright (c) 2009 Chris Trinh
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.