ROSserial for Hydro
This repo is ported from https://kforge.ros.org/rosserial/hg. It has been catkinized and updated for ROS Groovy and newer.
Changes for Hydro
- Add support for Arduino Yum
- Release rosserial_server
- Fix a bug in string deserialization where part of length field could be uninitialized (issues 74 & 76)
- Add rosserial_server - a C++ server implementation
- Fix misc bugs including adding fixes for alignment issues on ARM processors 0.5.2
- Wire protocol change to add checksum to message length
- Support empty requests
- Re-integrate rosserial_xbee
Changes for Groovy/Catkin
- Moved to catkin build system
- Moved rosserial_xbee to experimential stack
- Created new rosserial metapackage, with depends only on python, client and msgs.
- Closed, integrated and/or moved all tickets to github.
- New message generation and workflow:
- no longer uses roslib.rospack, or roslib.gentools (and is way, WAY faster)
- messages are no longer built at built-time (yeah, sounds ridiculous, but is true, see below for new workflow)
- beginnings of easier porting to new platforms (the lookup table is now found in architecture-dependent packages, etc)
Workflow is a bit different from in the past. Rather than running the library generator over each package you want to use, you run it once and generate libraries for all installed messages:
cd <ws>/src git clone https://github.com/ros-drivers/rosserial cd <ws> catkin_make catkin_make install source <ws>/install/setup.bash cd <sketchbook>/libraries rosrun rosserial_arduino make_libraries.py .
Note: currently you will HAVE to run catkin_make install, otherwise portions of the ros_lib directory will be missing. This will hopefully be fixed soon. Also note: you may have to delete /libraries/ros_lib in order to regenerate as its existence may cause an error.