Pedal Steel Guitar Synthesizer
- Change string notes and number of strings
- Change semitones
- Change pedals and what they modify
- Change number of octaves
- Effects rack supporting LV2 audio plugins.
- Basic square, saw, and sine wave outputs.
What's to come?
- Manipulation of any audio signal as a note on the guitar
- Custom tonebar image
- Custom colors or image for frets
- Midi input integration to allow to control from another controller
- 1-9 string notes
- mouse to move tonebar / raise or lower pitch
- Set characters in pedal editor, but the default is a,b,c and various others for the knee levers modeled after this website https://www.steelguitar.com/tunings.html
./tools/install.sh # will load needed packages
# Install Qt from https://qt.io # Following installs # building brew install cmake # brew install jack # From http://www.jackosx.com brew install boost lv2 # lv2 plugins # brew install mda-lv2 # brew tap david0/homebrew-audio # brew install --HEAD calf
Building / Cmake Install
# Make sure to have latest lv2 core ./tools/install.sh; # for git repos and extras # Also in ./bin/build_* cd build; ../bin/build_linux.sh; # Or mac make -j8 #gui, only qt rn ./src/qt/orzabal.qt
sudo apt-get install x11vncserver wiringPi
Starting the app will start jack. I recommnend starting it elsewhere,
./bin/jack_startup.sh is a sample startup. Midi will need to be enabled.