A simple and extensible tumblelog engine for Django. Created by Chuck Harmston, released under the MIT license.
- Simple definition of custom post types
- Large stable of contrib post types to get started quickly.
- Post short text blurbs, long-form articles, links, files, photos, and code snippets.
- oEmbed support, for embedding of 3rd-party media in posts.
- Post directly from Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, Rdio, SoundCloud, Vimeo, YouTube, and GitHub.
- Optional integration with django-taggit
- Takes full advantage of Django's templating system
- Agnostic of commenting system and markup format.
- Post scheduling
- Draft posts
- Multi-author support with object-level permissions
- RSS feed
Until 1.0, consider this to be beta software with unstable APIs.
Not yet released; changes listed are available in master
- Adds Code post type and syntax highlighting helpers (commit)
- Implements custom
Postobjects, adding a method for performing an optimized fetch of all objects related by
GenericForeignKey. Reduces number of queries in PostListView from
<num post types>+1
Released on 2012-03-31
- Adds Twitter web intent URLs to Twitter post type (commit 01551f2ba1)
- Adds RSS feed (commits ed06d0c9f3, 7a59215a84, and 5b8cb322d5)
- Adds example templates (commit feba83afaa)
- Adds author fields, row-level permissions restricting ability to edit posts a user did not author, and permissions denoting whether a user can edit others' posts/change a post's author.(commit 2cc2bfda3)
django-taggitintegration (commit 8a6ed5d0ea)
- Various improvements to documentation
Released on 2012-03-04
- First release