Project 1 - android-instagram
android-instagram is an android app that allows a user to check out popular photos from Instagram. The app utilizes Instagram API to display images and basic image information to the user.
Time spent: 4 hours spent in total
The following required functionality is completed:
- User can scroll through current popular photos from Instagram
- For each photo displayed, user can see the following details:
- Graphic, Caption, Username
- Relative timestamp, like count, user profile image
The following optional features are implemented:
- User can pull-to-refresh popular stream to get the latest popular photos
- Show latest comments for each photo
- Display each photo with the same style and proportions as the real Instagram
- Display each user profile image using a RoundedImageViewDisplay each user profile image using a RoundedImageView
- Display a nice default placeholder graphic for each image during loading
- Improved the user interface through styling and coloring
The following bonus features are implemented:
- Show last 2 comments for each photo
- Allow user to view all comments for an image within a separate activity or dialog fragment
- Allow video posts to be played in full-screen using the VideoView
The following additional features are implemented:
- List anything else that you can get done to improve the app functionality!
Here's a walkthrough of implemented user stories:
GIF created with LiceCap.
Describe any challenges encountered while building the app.
Open-source libraries used
- Android Async HTTP - Simple asynchronous HTTP requests with JSON parsing
- Picasso - Image loading and caching library for Android
Copyright **Chuck Zheng** Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.