.. only:: not (epub or latex or html) WARNING: You are looking at unreleased Cilium documentation. Please use the official rendered version released here: http://docs.cilium.io
Welcome to Cilium's documentation!
The documentation is divided into the following sections:
- :ref:`gs_guide`: Provides a simple tutorial for running a small Cilium setup on your laptop. Intended as an easy way to get your hands dirty applying Cilium security policies between containers.
- :ref:`arch_guide`: Describes the components of the Cilium architecture, and the different models for deploying Cilium. Provides the high-level understanding required to run a full Cilium deployment and understand its behavior.
- :ref:`install_guide` : Details instructions for installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Cilium in different deployment modes.
- :ref:`policy_guide` : Detailed walkthrough of the policy language structure and the supported formats.
- :ref:`metrics` : Instructions for configuring metrics collection from Cilium.
- :ref:`admin_guide` : Describes how to troubleshoot Cilium in different deployment modes.
- :ref:`bpf_guide` : Provides a technical deep dive of BPF and XDP technology, primarily focused at developers.
- :ref:`api_ref` : Details the Cilium agent API for interacting with a local Cilium instance.
- :ref:`dev_guide` : Gives background to those looking to develop and contribute modifications to the Cilium code or documentation.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 :caption: Getting Started intro gettingstarted/index concepts gettinghelp
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 :caption: Integrations kubernetes/index istio/index docker/index mesos/index
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 :caption: Administration install/system_requirements install/guides/index install/upgrade
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 :caption: Configuration :glob: policy/index configuration/* troubleshooting
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 :caption: For Developers contributing bpf api
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 :caption: Reference cheatsheet cmdref/index kvstore further_reading glossary