Main new features (see the specifications for full details):
- Full support for external configuration file (
- More extensive Java API built-in support (without any runtime): collections, reflection, java.io, math, ...
- Many Java bug fixes: inner and anonymous classes, enums, logical and comparison operators, lambdas/classes mapping, method overloading, ...
- J4TS runtime is not used/required by default (unless you add it to the classpath)
- Better source map support (including when using modules)
- Built-in watch mode to transpile your modifications on the fly regardless of what IDE/editor you are using
- Core API changes for consistency (
jsweet.util.Lang) - older API is deprecated but not removed for backward compatibility
- Core API improvements: better typing, lang macros (for instance
$insert), flexible code replacement annotation (