Styles for Discourse are written with the LESS preprocessor.
- Compiled CSS is in
- LESS is in
src/includes/must be imported in
gulpwill cause gulp to watch for changes in less files and compile LESS automatically.
- gulp will add the compiled CSS to your clipboard every time it detects changes in
- Paste the compiled CSS into the "Staging" customization on Discourse
- Admin > Customize > CSS/HTML
- Preview the new CSS by clicking "preview"
- Preview app should load new styles without needing a page refresh each time you paste your CSS
- Simply paste the CSS into the "Production" customization instead.