Deprecated - not needed anymore starting Chrome 73
Since Chrome 73, an extension is not needed anymore to access the desktop stream.
Chrome Extension for Circuit SDK Screenshare
If you are using the Circuit SDK in your web application and would like to provide your users the capability to share the screen or an application, then you are at the right place.
You have two options:
- Use this exact extension from the Chrome WebStore which is branded as Circuit SDK and requires wildcard permissions
- Clone this repo and brand it for your web application and limit the premissions to your domain
The first option is the simplest and probably enough to play with screenshare. But once you productize your application, you may want to brand it with your name and icon, and more importantly change the wildcard permissions to only allow your domain.
This extension has been submitted, but is not yet available in the WebStore. Check again in a couple of days.
In the manifest.json file:
- Change the name, version, description, short_name
- Change the wildcard permission
https://*/*to your domain, e.g.
https://*.company.com/*. For more information on permissions see Declare Permissions.
- Change the icons in the img folder
Load the extension for development
Developer mode, click
Load your unpacked extension and navigating to the chrome-ext folder you modified.
Run the screenshare example
Productize your branded extension
To productize your branded extension you will need to publish it to the Chrome WebStore. This is the only support distribution channel by Google.
Read Publish your app for instructions.