This is the Arduino software library to access the ADC Nanoshield (ADS1x15 IC) from Texas Instruments.
- Source code: https://github.com/circuitar/Nanoshield_ADC
- Documentation: http://nanoshield-adc.readthedocs.org/
- Reference boards: ADC Nanoshield and 4-20 ADC Nanoshield from Circuitar
Library features include:
- Analog to digital conversion with 16 bits resolution.
- Continuous mode to capture measures with a given sample rate.
- Gain adjust to pair the signal magnitude with the resolution.
- Differential voltage measurements.
- High threshold setting to trigger interruptions.
To install, just click Download ZIP and install it using Sketch > Include Library... > Add .ZIP Library in the Arduino IDE.
This library is based on the Adafruit_ADS1X15 library from Adafruit.
The following examples are provided:
- Voltage: read a voltage in single-ended mode.
- VoltageWithHighGain: read a voltage in single-ended mode with a high gain. Increasing the gain allows reading smaller voltages with increased resolution.
- Voltage4Ch: read four voltages in a single ADC Nanoshield.
- Voltage16Ch: using multiple boards. Read sixteen voltages across four units of the ADC Nanoshield. Make sure that the jumpers for the I2C address are properly configured to support this example.
- DifferentialVoltage: read a differential voltage between inputs 2 (+) and 3 (-). The channels can be easily changed to 0 (+) and 1 (-).
- Read4to20mA: how to read data from industrial 4-20mA sensors (or 4-20mA "transmistters"). Make sure to use the 4-20 ADC Nanoshield board for this example.
- ContinuousMode: read data in continuous mode to achieve high sample rates.
- ContinuousMode4Ch: read multiple channels in continuous mode.
- Comparator: trigger interruptions on arduino using the ADC Nanoshield in comparator mode.
- RawAdcValue: read the raw ADC value in single-ended mode.
Original work Copyright (c) 2012, Adafruit Industries Modified work Copyright (c) 2014 Circuitar All rights reserved.
This software is released under a BSD license. See the attached LICENSE file for details.