This is the Arduino software library to access the Termopar Nanoshield, a thermocouple interface module using the MAX31856 IC from Maxim Integrated. It can read several types of thermocouples: K, J, N, R, S, T, E, and B.
- Source code: https://github.com/circuitar/Nanoshield_Termopar
- Documentation: http://nanoshield-termopar.readthedocs.org/
- Reference board: Termopar Nanoshield from Circuitar
Library features include:
- Get external temperature (hot junction)
- Get internal temperature (cold junction)
- Thermocouple type selection
- Continuous conversion mode
- Enable/disable averaging of 2, 4, 8 or 16 samples
- Error checking: open circuit, under/overvoltage and temperature out of range
To install, just click Download ZIP and install it using Sketch > Include Library... > Add .ZIP Library in the Arduino IDE.
The following examples are provided:
- SerialThermometer: simple serial port thermometer application.
- MultiThermometer: read temperature from multiple Termopar Nanoshields, with different thermocouple types.
- MultiThermometerCSV: read temperature from multiple Termopar Nanoshields, generating a CSV output.
- LcdThermometer: thermometer application using the LCD Nanoshield to display the data.
- RawVoltage: measure raw thermocouple voltage and cold junction temperature.
- TemperatureDatalogger: read temperature from multiple Termopar Nanoshields and log it into an SD card.
- OpenCircuitDetection: disable the open circuit detection mode or change its parameters. Might be useful when using long thermocouple wires.
Copyright (c) 2015 Circuitar All rights reserved.
This software is released under an MIT license. See the attached LICENSE file for details.