Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
November 2017 Prototype 0.3.0
Citybound v0.3.0 a.k.a "Rural Town"
- Windows(x86 and x64)/MacOS/Linux Platform
- OpenGL 3.2 compliant graphics card with newest drivers
Start by running the program as you normally would on your OS.
- MacOS and Windows users might need to explicitly allow running untrusted applications
- For Linux users mark the file as an executable before attempting to run
- The best way to provide all kinds of feedback is to create a post in the official community
Known Issues, Shortcomings
- The economy is not optimised at all yet and might cause lags/slowness for large numbers of buildings
- Resource offers (especially job offers) might temporarily get used over their maximum
- Traffic can be very heavy, especially when many trips go to neighbouring towns, sometimes even causing gridlock if intersections get blocked
- Road/lane ends can produce glitchy intersections sometimes
Controls (and default bindings)
- Double click the title bar of the "Debug Info" and "Controls" windows to minimise them
To move the camera around the following controls allow you to pan, zoom, and rotate.
- Pan Camera:
- Zoom Camera:
- Rotate/Pitch Camera:
Drawing Planned Roads
When drawing new roads, or strokes, simply use the mouse to click the empty space, then when you have the shape and length you like, double click. If you made a road you don't like, simply undo it by 'ctrl' or 'cmd' + Z. Redo by adding a shift key. Numbers define the lanes, 0 is set for one way, and 1 to 9 allow for increasing the lane amount per stroke.
- Create new stroke:
Clickyour mouse for each control point
Double Clicklast control point to finish stroke.
- Set number of lanes for next stroke:
- Toggle one-way road:
Manipulating Planned Roads
Depending on the zoom level, you can either manipulate a whole road, one side of a road or a single lane. The controls below allow you to manipulate the stroke before building it.
- Select road/side/lane stretch:
Click & Dragalong road/side/lane
- Deselect all:
Clickinto nowhere (the white space)
- Delete selected road/side/lane stretch:
- Move selected road/side/lane stretch:
Click & Dragblue selection
- Create parallel lane:
Hover + Clickimmediately right of selection
- Continue road/side/lane:
Clickroad/side/lane close to its start or end
IMPORTANT: Building Planned Roads
You need to implement your current plan for roads to actually be built and buildings to appear. You can still add new roads after this.
- Implement plan:
Clickon a building to inspect its households
Press 'C' to simulate cars.
- Spawn cars:
C(you can see the number of cars under "Trip" in "Number of Actors")
- Before hitting this key, you must build the road or an error may occur.
Creating a rural road network
- Create rural road network:
Creating a grid
If you want a large grid you can use these controls.
- Create 10x10 grid plan:
- Create 15x15 grid plan:
Networking (Highly Experimental Feature)
You can launch two networked instances of Citybound.
What you need:
IP1: IP address of first computer
PORT1: desired port on first computer
IP2: IP address of second computer
PORT2: desired port on second computer
It's important that you launch both instances as simultaneously as possible.
citybound 0 IP1:PORT1,IP2:PORT2on the first computer
citybound 1 IP1:PORT1,IP2:PORT2on the second computer