##This is an exploration identifying
- Properties identified as Single Family Residences (SFR) in the City of Los Angeles.
- A chart was created showing how many properties are based on the assessed land base year and a comparision of those properties with those rolled back by Proposition 13 (A California Voter's Initiative passed in 1978 reducing property tax rates on homes, businesses and farms).
- Data was filtered by
TaxRateArea_CITY= LOS ANGELES
- Data for chart made using pivot tables in Excel (data can be downloaded on this repo)
- This chart used attributes in
LandBaseYear, which is the "Land base year established by Proposition 13. Changes to land base year are triggered only by re-appraisable change-of-ownership." -LA COUNTY Open Data Portal
- This chart does not include the attributes in
ImpBaseYear, which is the "Improvement base year established by Proposition 13. Changes to improvement base year are triggered only by re-appraisable change-of-ownership or major new construction." - LA County Open Data Portal
- This chart does not include condos, as they are listed as a separate
PropertyType. The total number of Condos is 95,273 and the total number of Condo Conversions is 24,914
- 2015 LA County Assessor Data, LA County Open Data Portal
- Proposition 13 Info, www.californiataxdata.com
- The data was provided by the LA County Assessor through the County's Open Data Portal, there will be some errors.
- Chart Commerical Properties using