GitExtensions is a shell extension, a Visual Studio 2008 / 2010 / 2012 plugin and a standalone Git repository tool.
The mailing list can be found at http://groups.google.com/group/gitextensions
How to debug GitExtensions
The installer is build using WiX. You need to install WiX when you want to build the installer. This can be downloaded here: http://wix.sourceforge.net/. If you do not want to build the installer, just open the solution and ignore the warning.
- Open the solution file (GitExtensions.VS2010.sln or GitExtensions.VS2012.sln)
- Hit F5 to compile and run GitExtensions
How to contribute code
- Login in github (you need an account)
- Fork the main repository from github
- Push your changes to your fork
- Send me a pull request
If you do not want to use github, I also accept mailed patches. Just make sure the patch is send as an attachement and not in the body of the mail.
How to create the installer
- Download and install WiX http://wix.sourceforge.net/
- Run Setup\BuildInstallers.bat to build the installers
- Download page: http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/downloads/list
- ChangeLog: https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/blob/master/GitUI/Resources/ChangeLog.md
- Source code: http://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions
- Issue tracker: http://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/issues
- Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/gitextensions