Civetweb Install Guide
This guide covers the distributions for CivetWeb. The latest source code is available at https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb.
This pre-built version comes pre-built wit Lua support. Libraries for SSL support are not included due to licensing restrictions; however, users may add an SSL library themselves. Instructions for adding SSL support can be found in https://github.com/civetweb/civetweb/tree/master/docs
- In case the Visual C++ Redistributable are not already installed: 32 Bit Version: Install the Redistributable for Visual Studio 2010 64 Bit Version: Install the Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 Note: The required version of the Redistributables may vary, depending on the CivetWeb version.
- Download latest civetweb-win.zip from SourceForge
- When started, Civetweb puts itself into the tray.
This pre-built version comes with Lua, IPV6 and SSL support.
- Download the latest Civetweb.dmg from SourceForge
- Click on the it and look for the attachment in the finder.
- Drag Civetweb to the Applications folder.
- When started, Civetweb puts itself into top menu.
- Download the latest civetweb.tar.gz from SourceForge or GitHub
- Open archive and change to the new directory.
- make help
- make install
- Run the program
/usr/local/bin/civetweb, it will use the configuration file /usr/local/etc/civetweb.conf.
Most Linux systems support auto completion of command line arguments. To enable bash auto completion for the civetweb stand-alone executable, set resources/complete.lua as complete command. See comments in that file for further instructions.