CiviCRM Drupal 8 Module
This is alpha version of the integration module required to allow CiviCRM and Drupal 8 to work together. This is not the stable version yet.
It it currently verified to work against Drupal 8.0.5 and CiviCRM 4.7.3.
- Download the latest Drupal 8 release: https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal.
- Install Drupal 8 (see https://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/core!INSTALL.txt/8 for more information).
- Create a top level
librariesfolder inside Drupal and download CiviCRM master (for Drupal 7) (from http://dist.civicrm.org/by-date/latest/master/) so that CiviCRM resides at
/libraries/civicrm. CiviCRM can also be installed in /modules/civicrm - see CRM-18222.
- If it exists, remove the Drupal 7 module folder from within CiviCRM
- Clone the Drupal 8 module into the the top level
git clone -b 8.x-master https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-drupal-8.git civicrm
- Edit civicrm-version.php and change the 'cms' value from 'Drupal' to
'Drupal8'. If you are reading this after having already installed CiviCRM and
running into an undefined
arg(0)error, change the CIVICRM_UF value in your civicrm.settings.php file.
- If you want the installer to load dummy contacts and data, add the following
configuration parameter to
$settings['civicrm_load_generated'] = TRUE;
- Finally, in your browser go to
/admin/modulesand install CiviCRM Core. You should be notified of any issues that will prevent the installation from being successful, including file permissions, etc., which you will need to resolve before the installation can completed.