Wirefy was created as a tool to help web designers and developers create fast, manageable wireframes. It helps to speed up the journey between sketches and final deliverables. Like the web, it is in constant iteration. This requires a simple workflow and a well-defined collection of atomic elements so that new UIs can be quickly pulled together.
It is our belief that we aren't building pages but rather systems of components. This is why Wirefy has been built to be as flexible and comprehensive as it possible can be. We are giving you the foundation layer to build on. You can style, add or remove components as you see fit.
Our goal is to help you make smarter UX decisions by focusing on the content first rather than the subjective design decisions. With a bit of base knowledge of HTML and CSS, you can start building flexible wireframes without the headache of working through countless calculations.
Creating static wireframes can be great but sometimes clients just don't understand how they function or change based on various devices. Building functional wireframes will help you communicate with clients better and work as a foundation for your fluid designs without losing sight of the importance of the content.
Clone the git repo -
git clone git://github.com/cjdsie/wirefy.git - or download it
This framework using Node.js, NPM (Node Package Manager), and Grunt.js to manage the code in this repo. To preview code locally, you'll need to install Node and NPM, then run the following commands from a terminal window, in the repo directory:
$ npm install $ grunt
Those commands do the following:
npm installwill install the necessary node.js packages to develop on this project
You can also include the
wirefy.min.css file to the head of any project with CDN.
<link rel="stylesheet" src="//cdn.getwirefy.com/wirefy.min.css">
- Percentage based grid system
- Responsive menu
- Placeholder images
- Three options for creating a responsive slideshow
- A suite of form elements
- Standard typography and the use of Font Awesome or Icomoon for icon fonts
- Framework includes all base styles in one place
For full documentation, our homepage here.
- v3.0.2 Icomoon Font added. Better Partials and added CDN support
- v3.0.1 Added Grunt functionality for automated tasks.
- v3.0.0 Rebuilt from the ground up.
- v2.2.0 Reworked the entire grid to be more semantic and changed several other CSS files. More to come.
- v2.1.1 Created Base Partial with Modular Scale Typography
- v2.0.9 Font Awesome Updated to 3.0 release
- v2.0.6 Reorganized and consolidated JS files into the plugin.js
- v2.0.5 Several fixes to the Grid and base.css. As well as a new class for Galleries. Added Templates for faster builds.
- v2.0.3 Reduced Image sizes for increased compression overall
- v2.0.2 Added SASS support
- v2.0.1 Committed v2.0.1
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Help make Wirefy the best responsive wireframe tool.
If you've been using Wirefy, we want to hear from you. We want to make Wirefy even better as an efficient tool in your process. Please send us along any feedback you have.
- Create new Template files
- Continue to improve grid and typography