A wordpress plugin that disables, enables, and enhances WP and other settings
WordPress Helper Master
Tags: improvements, wordpress, admin, security
Requires at least: 3.0
Tested up to: 4.0.1
Stable tag: /master/
Removes and speeds up WordPress. Admin, security, performance, and WordPress clean up.
WordPress Helper Master Features
WP Clean Up
- Remove the link to the Really Simple Discovery
- Remove Canonical Links
- Removes the link to the Windows Live Writer manifest file.
- Removes the short links.
- Removes the WordPress version i.e. - 4.0.2.
- Removes the relational links for the posts adjacent to the current post.
- Removes the index link.
- Removes the Parent and Post Link link.
- Removes the post, category and comments RSS feeds.
- Removes the WP Version.
- Disables RSS Feeds
- Enable GZIP compression. This will speed up your WordPress website drastically and reduces bandwidth usage as well.
- Remove the version query string from scripts and styles - allows for better caching. i.e. jquery.js?ver=1.8
- Prevents WordPress from testing SSL capability on domain.com/xmlrpc.php?rsd when XMLRPC not in use
- Disable Auto-Formatting in Content and Excerpt; ex: auto format
- Hide login form error messages
- Remove WordPress version number
- Disable XMLRPC
- Set the maximum number of post revisions unless the constant is already set in wp-config.php.
- Disable Auto Linking of URLs in comments
- Disable self-ping
- Remove lost password link if you do not want people trying to reset your password or theirs.
- Add more security to WP
- Change greeting for Admin Page. Change the standard Howdy to something you like.
- Add new Admin menu item "All Settings" and see all the variables in WP.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
2014-12-10 - v1.0 - first version
2014-12-11 - v1.2 - add security, performance, and admin modifications
2014-12-11 - v1.3 - add admin / options page
Frequently Asked Questions
none at the moment