Hanazono Mincho (HanaMin) Font AFDKO version
Pre-built fonts can be download from releases page.
This version of Hanazono Mincho is created from GlyphWiki data. This font is created by AFDKO, and covers entire CJK Unified Ideographs, Compatibility Ideographs, Kanji and Kana characters, and other related characters created by GlyphWiki system.
- CJK Unified Ideograph URO (U+4E00 to U+9FFF)
- CJK Unified Ideograph Extension-A (U+3400 to U+4DFF)
- CJK Unified Ideograph Extension-B,C,D,E,F (U+20000 to U+2EBE0)
- CJK Compabilitiy Ideographs (U+F900 to U+FAD9)
- CJK Compabilitiy Ideographs Supplement (U+2F800 to U+2FA1D)
- Ideographic Variations (Adobe-Japan1, Hanyo-Denshi, etc)
- Standard Variations
- Kana, Kanbun, related punctuations and their vertical forms.
- Localized glyphs for specific Asian regions.
- Ligatures, etc.
There are currently three font families.
- Regular Hanazono Mincho Series (HanaMin)
- HanaMinA :: This mainly covers BMP Ideographs.
- HanaMinB :: This mainly covers Extension B Ideographs.
- HanaMinC :: This mainly covers Extension C to up and SIP Compatibility Ideographs.
- HanaMinI :: This mainly covers IDS fglyphs (via GSUB 'ccmp' feature).
- HanaMin.sfont :: This is CFR (Composite Font Representation) of above fonts.
- Extended Hanazono Mincho Series (HanaMinEx)
- HanaMinExA1 :: This mainly covers URO Ideographs.
- HanaMinExA2 :: This mainly covers Ideographs Extension A and various other characters.
- HanaMinExB :: This mainly covers Ideographs Extension B
- HanaMinExC :: This mainly covers Extension C to up and SIP Compatibility Ideographs.
- HanaMinEX.sfont :: This is CFR (Composite Font Representation) of above fonts.
Extended version includes
variations as GSUB 'salt' and 'trad' features.
Hanazono Mincho (original version)
Included fonts have been confirmed to work properly with Windows, Macintosh and Linux.
Binary file is provided as releases. This repository provides pre-built data for the font. Glyph data is provided as compressed SVG Font format. This is due to the limitation of GitHub to accept only less than 100M byte file size. (Uncompressed glyph data would exceed 120M bytes.)
To build the fonts, you need to install newest AFDKO from github (as of Jan. 2018) and Adobe Type Tools / Perl Scripts. Then put the directory of perl scripts to $ADOBE_PERL variable, such as "$HOME/.ghq/github.com/adobe-type-tools/perl-scripts/".
Then, run the following commands to create the fonts. (Please keep in mind that it may take long time to build the fonts.)
unxz HanaMinA.svg.xz tx -t1 HanaMinA.svg HanaMinA.pfa >>HanaMinA.log 2>>HanaMinA.err mergeFonts -cid HanaMinA.cidinfo HanaMinA.raw HanaMinA.cidmap HanaMinA.pfa >>HanaMinA.log 2>>HanaMinA.err # checkOutlines -e -k -O -x HanaMinA.pfa >/dev/null 2>>HanaMinA.err perl $(ADOBE_PERL)/hintcidfont.pl hintparam.txt < HanaMinA.raw > HanaMinA.hinted.raw autohint -r -q HanaMinA.hinted.raw makeotf -newNameID4 -mf HanaMinA.fmndb -cs 1 -ci HanaMinA.ivs -ch HanaMinA.cmap \ -f HanaMinA.hinted.raw -ff HanaMinA.features -o HanaMinA.otf
HanaMinB, HanaMinC, etc. can also be created like the above operations.
These data are created by glyphwiki-afdko tools. If you have any problems, please post issues there.
License follows GlyphWiki license.