FB Archive Browser
A utility for browsing your Facebook archive.
Features in development
- Browse conversations list
- Load conversations
- Advanced message search
Download your information from Facebook
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=your_facebook_information
- Select "Download your information"
- "New file" -> "Format: JSON" (select other options as desired) -> "Create file"
- Wait for your information archive to be generated and download when ready.
Unzip the archive downloaded from Facebook and place the unzipped folder into the
Run the program by launching
main.pywith Python 3
How can I trust this software with my Facebook data?
This program is written in Python and is published as open-source, meaning that there is no pre-compiled or obfuscated code running when you launch it.
All of the code that makes up this program is freely available in the
src folder of this repository. You may verify that there is no networking code, meaning that your Facebook data will not be sent to other computers or the internet.
This software is published under the GPLv3 license. See the LICENSE file for more information.