Slim for Reddit
A lightweight read-only Reddit client written in Python using the Flask framework.
- View front page and subreddit pages
- View comment threads
- View user profiles, including submissions and comments
- Flair and OP-highlighting support
- Python 3 modules:
- markdown2 (https://github.com/trentm/python-markdown2)
Installation and use
Install Flask and markdown2
pip3 install flask pip3 install markdown2
Clone the contents of this Git repository to a directory of your choice
cd some/directory/ git clone https://github.com/cjlh/slim-for-reddit.git .
Run Flask using
E.g. using the Flask server:
export FLASK_APP=application.py; flask run
Open your web browser and visit the URL printed in the terminal (default: http://127.0.0.1:5000/)
Features in development
- Comment context view
- Option to load more comments
- Mod and admin highlighting
This software is published under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for more information.