Problem: So you've organised a kris-kringle with your entire extended family. You already know who you're buying a gift for— but you don't know what they want! Also, you have an idea of you yourself want. You wanna make sure people are buying the right things for each other.
Solution: Wishes! This webapp is a shared family wishes manager that allows you to populate your own personal wishlist, and check what other people in your family want! Bonus feature— you can anonymously ‘cross off’ items in other people's wishlists, that way you can avoid duplicate gifts!
How to Run
app.py. If you're using bash, run
How to Deploy
- Create a Heroku account if you haven't already
- Follow the short video tutorial over at heroku.com/python
- Install the Clear DB MySQL Add-on
- Replace the following line in
db = SqliteDatabase('members.db')
- With the following lines:
import os DB_URL = os.environ['CLEARDB_DATABASE_URL'] DB = DB_URL[65:] HOST = DB_URL[32:64] USER = DB_URL[8:22] PWD = DB_URL[23:31] db = MySQLDatabase(DB, host=HOST, port=3306, user=USER, passwd=PWD)
- Push the changes to Heroku using
git push heroku master
- If you want to change the family members, replace the