CKAN API Clients
Clone this wiki locally
A list of tools and libraries for the CKAN API:
ckanapi: Official client for CKAN core. Simple Python wrapper around the CKAN action API. Raises exceptions on errors and works locally (from a plugin) or remote in a very similar way. Also supports use with paste.fixture.TestApp for simplified tests (e.g. ckanext-canada tests)
A Python function for posting to CKAN's Action API, call a function to post a Python dict to an Action API function, get the response back also as a Python dict.
A ckan-api-client: an improved client for the Ckan API, providing a a low-level client, a high-level client, a synchronization client and it attempts to get work around some common issues with that API
ckanclient: CKAN Python Client - deprecated in favour of ckanapi. Supports CKAN's legacy RESTful Model and Search APIs (v1 & v2), the legacy elasticsearch DataStore API, basic support for the v3 Action API, and code for uploading files to CKAN using the FileStore API.
- PHP CKAN client - from Silex. Uses Guzzle for the HTTP. Packaged using Composer; also on Github. Covers a number of action functions for reading/writing packages, resources, etc. Comes with tests.
- Ckan_client-J (Java client)
- Jackan Java client with api v3 support and Apache 2.0 license. Comes with integration tests.
- net-ckan (PERL client)
- dpm: data package manager command-line client and Python library.
OpenRefine (Google Refine)
- Google Refine CKAN Extension: Google Refine client which allows you to get and push data to and from a CKAN instance using Google Refine.
- ckanr: R client for the CKAN API