This repository contains most of my "movable" setup. Mostly these are configurations for zsh shell, git version control, and Vim text editor.
You can install ansible via Homebrew
$ brew install ansible
Clone the repository:
$ git clone https://github.com/ckr/dotfiles.git $ cd dotfiles
DANGER This will overwrite your current dot files!
$ ansible-playbook home.yml
You can skip package installations and/or network operations (Vim plugins cloning, etc) with something like:
$ ansible-playbook home.yml --skip-tags="network,packages"
You can also run only specified tags with something like:
$ ansible-playbook home.yml --tags="vimrc,vim-plugins"
If you want to install/configure only certain parts, replace
home.yml in the commands
above with of the other playbooks.
Here is a brief overview of some of the features hidden deep in these dotfiles.
Git version control
- Color support in console git client.
- Several handy git aliases to make frequent operations faster ("st" instead of "status", "co" instead of "checkout", etc).
- Several handy git aliases to make long lists of parameters much shorter ("la", "whatchanged", etc).
Vim text editor
- Modular configuration of plugins with Pathogen plugin and git submodules.
- Collection of plugins for web developers (PHP Indent, NERDTree, Syntastic, Tagbar, Gist, etc).
- Support for 256 colors in console.
If you need to get in touch, you can find instruction at https://kouloumbris.com. Alternatively, you can send in comments and pull requests for the project on GitHub at https://github.com/ckr/dotfiles .
Patches welcome! ;)