Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This release includes a number of new features that are breaking changes with respect to v1.1.
- DyNet no longer requires boost (thanks @xunzhang)! This means that models are now not saved in Boost format, but instead a format supported natively by DyNet.
- Other changes to reading and writing include the ability to read/write only parts of models. There have been a number of changes to the reading/writing interface as well, and examples of how to use it can be found in the "examples". (#84)
- Renaming of "Model" as "ParameterCollection"
- Removing the dynet::expr namespace in C++ (now expressions are in the dynet:: namespace)
- Making VanillaLSTMBuilder the default LSTM interface #474
Other new features include
- Autobatching (by @yoavgo and @neubig): https://github.com/clab/dynet/blob/master/examples/python/tutorials/Autobatching.ipynb
- Scala bindings (thanks @joelgrus!) #357
- Dynamically increasing memory pools (thanks @yoavgo) #364
- Convolutions and cuDNN (thanks @zhisbug!): #236
- Better error handling: #365
- Better documentation (thanks @pmichel31415!)
- Gal dropout (thanks @yoavgo and @pmichel31415!): #261
- Integration into pip (thanks @danielhers !)
- A cool new logo! (http://dynet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/citing.html)
- A huge number of other changes by other contributors. Thank you everyone!