ClamAV native win32 port - 0.102.4
Copyright (c) 2005-2020 Gianluigi Tiesi email@example.com
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Library General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public License along with this software; if not, write to the Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
- [clamav] small footprint
- [clamav] native msvc win64 port, legacy mingw 32bit build for old systems
- [clamav] support for unc paths, exotic/long file names
- [clamav] nice icons ;)
- [clamscan] memory scanner (in memory loaded modules are scanned n-disk)
- [llvm] jit dll is optional, and since not supported on old os will be loaded dinamically
- [freshclam] native dns txt query on Win98/ME/NT4 / DnsAPI query on Win2k+
- [clamdtop] curses ui to connect to a running clamd service
- [clamd/freshclam] as Windows Service
3rdparty libraries and versions
- OpenSSL: 1.1.1g
- bzip2: 1.0.8
- curl: 7.70.0
- gnulib: old version but still fine for my needs
- json-c: 0.14-20200419 + fix for CVE-2020-12762 + fix for regression
- libunicows: 1.1.2 (32bit builds only)
- libxml2: 2.9.10
- pcre2: 10.35
- PDCurses: my fork of master@71697bd4 with some patches
- Pthreads-w32: 2.9.1 + some fixes
- zlib: 1.2.11
Clone repository using:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/clamwin/clamav-win32.git
You can store database and config paths in the registry using clamav.reg file (I may make a nsis installer in the future), paths can be also
REG_EXPAND_SZ, environment variables are allowed here (i.e. you can use paths like
unicows.dllwhen used on Windows 9x, you can download from Microsoft Layer for Unicode
On WinNT4 you may need to set OPENSSL_ia32cap environment variable to 0x16980010 because NT4 does not support SSE out of the box (it will crash with illegal instruction).
Support for SSE is included in SP6a using Intel SSE driver (intlfxsr.sys), but the installer does not always install it.
You can manually install the driver from unpacked SP6a:
rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection IntelSection 132 "<path-to-extracted-sp6a-files>\update\update.inf",
then point it to path-to-extracted-sp6a-files and reboot.
Thanks Zachary for these infos.
If you get SSL Certificates problems when launching freshclam you need to install Baltimore CyberTrust Root (double click on .crt file and follow the wizard)
Running Clamd and FreshClam as services
- put executables in
- create freshclam.conf in
- create clamd.conf in
- install the service with (in Administrator cmd prompt):
freshclam.exeto download the virus database
DatabaseMirror database.clamav.net DNSDatabaseInfo current.cvd.clamav.net
TCPSocket 3310 TCPAddr 127.0.0.1 MaxThreads 2 LogFile C:\ClamAV\clamd.log DatabaseDirectory C:\ClamAV\db
C:\Clamav is writable by the
System Service user.
Finally start the service with net start clamd