IIS plugin will allow you to launch IIS commands for your web servers from a Clarive instance.
What is IIS
Internet Information Services (IIS) is an extensible web server created by Microsoft for use with the Windows NT family. IIS supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SMTP and NNTP.
IIS is needed in the server in order for it to work properly.
To install the plugin, place the cla-iis-plugin folder inside the
directory in a Clarive instance.
The various parameters are:
- Server (variable name: iis_server) - Choose the server where you wish to execute the command.
- User (user) - User which will be used to connect to the server.
- Command (command) - Here you will have different commands to launch with the service or write a custom one.
- Start IIS ("/start") - Starts IIS service.
- Stop IIS ("/stop") - Stops IIS service.
- Restart IIS ("/restart") - Restarts IIS service.
- Check IIS status ("/status") - Check IIS service status.
- Custom command ("custom") - Write custom command.
- Custom command or arguments (custom_args) -Here you can write arguments for the selected command or write the commands you want to perform.
Only Clarive EE
- Errors and output - These two fields are related to manage control errors. Options are:
- Fail and output error - Search for configurated error pattern in script output. If found, an error message is displayed in monitor showing the match.
- Warn and output warn - Search for configurated warning pattern in script output. If found, an error message is displayed in monitor showing the match.
- Custom - In case combo box errors is set to custom a new form is showed to define the behavior with these fields:
- OK - Range of return code values for the script to have succeeded. No message will be displayed in monitor.
- Warn - Range of return code values to warn the user. A warn message will be displayed in monitor.
- Error - Range of return code values for the script to have failed. An error message will be displayed in monitor.
How to use
In Clarive EE
Once the plugin is placed in its folder, you can find this service in the palette in the section of generic service and can be used like any other palette op.
Op Name: IIS task
Server: IIS-Server Command: Custom Custom command or arguments: /restart
In Clarive SE
If you want to use the plugin through the Rulebook, in any
do block, use this ops as examples to configure the different parameters:
do: - iis_task: iis_server: 'build' # Required. Use the mid set to the resource you created user: 'clarive_user' command: "custom" # Required custom_args: ["/restart"]
The service will return the console output for the command.
Possible configuration failures
You will get the error from the console output.
Error in rulebook (compile): Required argument(s) missing for op "iis_task": "command"
Make sure you have all required variables defined.
Not allowed variable
Error in rulebook (compile): Argument `User` not available for op "iis_task"
Make sure you are using the correct paramaters (make sure you are writing the variable names correctly).
Feel free to join Clarive Community to resolve any of your doubts.