Execute a JMeter script. It will run a JMeter script you specify and return the results CSV as well as a link to the HTML report generated.
This plugin requires JMeter to be installed in the instance to work properly.
To install Docker check the JMeter project website here and follow the instructions.
To install the plugin place the cla-jmeter-plugin folder inside
directory in Clarive's instance.
Run JMeter script
The parameters available are:
- Server (variable name: server) - Server that holds the remote file, server to connect to.
- Script Name (script_path) - Path of the jmx script to execute.
- Remote Server Path (remote_path) - Remote path where the script will be sent.
- Remote User (remote_user) - User for the connection to the server.
- Command Parameters (command_parameters) - This is optional. Add any parameter you need for the JMeter command execution.
Only Clarive EE
- Errors and output - These two fields are related to manage control errors. Options are:
- Fail and output error - Search for configurated error pattern in script output. If found, an error message is displayed in monitor showing the match.
- Warn and output warn - Search for configurated warning pattern in script output. If found, an error message is displayed in monitor showing the match.
- Custom - In case combo box errors is set to custom a new form is showed to define the behavior with these fields:
- OK - Range of return code values for the script to have succeeded. No message will be displayed in monitor.
- Warn - Range of return code values to warn the user. A warn message will be displayed in monitor.
- Error - Range of return code values for the script to have failed. An error message will be displayed in monitor.
How to use
In Clarive EE
Once the plugin is placed in its folder, you can find this service in the palette in the section of generic service and can be used like any other palette op.
Op Name: Run JMeter script
Server: generic_server Script Name: /tmp/myScript.jmx Command Parameters: Error: fail Output: Error: Warn: Ok: .*Err:\t0
In Clarive SE
If you want to use the plugin through the Rulebook, in any
do block, use this ops as examples to configure the different parameters:
rule: JMeter demo do: - jmeter_script: server: 'generic_server' # Required. Use the Resource MID script_path: '/project/myScript.jmx' # Required remote_path: '/tmp/scripts/' # Required command_parameters: ['-v', '-d']
The plugin will return the console output.
Possible configuration failures
The service will return the output from the server console.
Error in rulebook (compile): Required argument(s) missing for op "jmeter_script": "server"
Make sure you have all required variables defined.
Not allowed variable
Error in rulebook (compile): Argument `Server` not available for op "jmeter_script"
Make sure you are using the correct paramaters (make sure you are writing the variable names correctly).
Feel free to join Clarive Community to resolve any of your doubts.