The MSBuild plugin will allow you to build applications via the command-line (CLI).
There are no requirements outlined in Clarive in order to work with this plugin.
To install the plugin, place the
cla-msbuild-plugin folder inside the
directory in a Clarive instance.
The available parameters for the service are:
- Server (variable name: server) - Server where MSBuild is installed.
- User (user) - User which will be used to connect to the server.
- MSBuild Path (msbuild) - Path to MSBuild.
- Project Path (project) - Path to the project.
- Switches (switches) - Commands to make the builds.
Only Clarive EE
- Errors and output - These two fields concern management of control errors. Their options are:
- Fail and output error - Search for configured error pattern in script output. If found, an error message is displayed in the monitor showing the match.
- Warn and output warn - Search for configured warning pattern in script output. If found, an error message is displayed in the monitor showing the match.
- Custom - Where combo errors is set to custom, a new form is displayed for defining using the following fields:
- OK - Range of return code values for the script to have succeeded. No message will be displayed in the monitor.
- Warn - Range of return code values to warn the user. A warning message will be displayed in the monitor.
- Error - Range of return code values for the script to have failed. An error message will be displayed in the monitor.
- Silent - Silence all errors found.
How to use
In Clarive EE
Once the plugin is placed in its folder, you can find this service in the palette in the section of generic service and can be used like any other palette op.
Op Name: MSBuild
Server CI: GenericServer MSBuild Path: c:\Program Files (x86)\MSbuildPath\MSBuild.exe Project Path: c:\BuildApp\BuildApp.csproj Switches: /t:mytarget
In Clarive SE
If you want to use the plugin through the Rulebook, in any
do block, use this ops as examples to configure the different parameters:
do: - msbuild_task: server: msbuild_server # Required. Use the mid set to the resource you created user: 'clarive' msbuild: 'c:\Program Files (x86)\MSbuildPath\MSBuild.exe' # Required project: "c:\BuildApp\BuildApp.csproj" # Required switches: ['/t:mytarget']
The service will return the console output for the command.
Possible configuration failures
If the task fails, you will be notice with the console output.
Error in rulebook (compile): Required argument(s) missing for op "msbuild_task": "msbuild"
Make sure you have all required variables defined.
Not allowed variable
Error in rulebook (compile): Argument `Command` not available for op "msbuild_task"
Make sure you are using the correct paramaters (make sure you are writing the variable names correctly).
Feel free to join Clarive Community to resolve any of your doubts.