The WildFly plugin will allow you to interact with the WildFly server when performing and undoing deployments. It is compatible with Jboss 7 and later.
There are no requirements outlined in Clarive in order to work with this plugin.
To install the plugin, rename the top-level folder to
cla-wildfly-plugin and place it inside the
$CLARIVE_BASE/plugins directory in a Clarive instance.
WildFly Application Server
The various parameters are:
- Server (variable name: server) - Server where WildFly is installed.
- Path to WildFly script (path) - Path to WildFly command-line (CLI) script.
- Functions (arg) - List of Wildfly functions that you can use.
- Start ("start") - Start the WildFly server.
- Stop ("stop") - Stop the WildFly server.
- Deploy ("deploy") - Deploy the file declared in
File path to deploy.
- Undeploy ("undeploy") - Undeploy the file declared in
- Status ("status") - Returns the application deployments in Wildfly server.
- Configuration File (configfile) - File name to use for configuration. Use only with start function.
- Credentials (user) - Add the Username and Password for the WildFly Server.
- File path to deploy (file) - File path to deploy to. Use only with the deploy function.
- Force deploy (force) - Force a deployment. Use only with the deploy function.
- Filename (filename) - File name to undeploy to. Use only with the undeploy function.
- Custom Params (custom_params) - Parameters that can be used by the command line. Use with stop and start.
Only Clarive EE
- Errors and Output - These two fields concern management of control errors. Their options are:
- Fail and Output Error - Search for the configured error pattern in script output. If found, an error message is displayed in the monitor showing the match.
- Warn and Output Warn - Search for the configured warning pattern in the script output. If found, an error message is displayed in the monitor showing the match.
- Custom - Where combo errors is set to custom, a new form is displayed for defining using the following fields:
- OK - Range of return code values for the script to have succeeded. No message will be displayed in the monitor.
- Warn - Range of return code values to warn the user. A warning message will be displayed in the monitor.
- Error - Range of return code values for the script to have failed. An error message will be displayed in the monitor.
- Silent - Silence all errors found.
How to use
In Clarive EE
Once the plugin is placed in its folder, you can find this service in the palette in the section of generic service and can be used like any other palette op.
Op Name: WildFly Application Server
Configuration start example:
Server CI: GenericServer Path to WildFly script: /wildfly/bin/standalone.sh Functions: start Configuration File: standalone.xml
Due possible delay in starting the WildFly server, it is recommended to add a timeout if you wish to perform a deployment service.
Configuration deployment example:
Server CI: GenericServer Path to WildFly script: /wildfly/bin/jboss-cli.sh Functions: deploy Credentials: username: user password: ********* File path to deploy: /path/to/example.war
In Clarive SE
If you want to use the plugin through the Rulebook, in any
do block, use this ops as examples to configure the different parameters:
rule: Wildfly demo do: - wildfly_task: server: 'wildfly_server' # Required. Use the mid set to the resource you created path: '/wildfly/bin/standalone.sh' # Required arg: 'start' # Required configfile: "/projects/standalone.xml"
rule: Wildfly demo do: - wildfly_task: server: 'wildfly_server' # Required. Use the mid set to the resource you created path: '/wildfly/bin/standalone.sh' # Required arg: 'deploy' # Required username: "user" password: "12345678" file: '/path/to/example.war' force: '0'
rule: Wildfly demo do: - wildfly_task: server: 'wildfly_server' # Required. Use the mid set to the resource you created path: '/wildfly/bin/standalone.sh' # Required arg: 'undeploy' # Required filename: "file.war"
The service will return the console output for the executed command.
Possible configuration failures
You will get the console error output.
Error in rulebook (compile): Required argument(s) missing for op "wildfly_task": "arg"
Make sure you have all required variables defined.
Not allowed variable
Error in rulebook (compile): Argument `Arg` not available for op "wildfly_task"
Make sure you are using the correct paramaters (make sure you are writing the variable names correctly).
Feel free to join Clarive Community to resolve any of your doubts.