To run the project:
• in the terminal run npm install
• in the terminal run npm bundle install
• in the terminal run rails db:setup
• in the terminal run rails db:migrate
• in the terminal run foreman start
• visit http://localhost:5000
An Angular/Rails application utilizing the Bandsintown and MusicGraph api's to search musicians and find tour dates. Bands can be added to a user's favorites to keep track of local concerts.
• Languages and frameworks used to create this app are AngularJS, SQL using ActiveRecord, CSS (Bootstrap) Express, and Node
• Also utilized were:
Devise-token-auth/ng-token-auth for user login
HTTParty for Api Calls
Angular UI View
DiscoverSound was designed to allow a user to have one place to go to accomplish two things.
The first is to discover bands similar to their favorite bands. This is accomplished by searching for an artist, and then going to the Related Artist page for that artist. Once there the user will see the related artists, a link to that artists's Spotify page, and a similarity percentage
The second is to see artists tour dates, and to easily see if their favorite artists are coming to a location near them. From the events page you can search an artists name to see their tour dates. But the most important feature is when you create a user profile you enter your home state. When you favorite an artist their concerts in that home state are displated on the home screen. This way you can login and always know if a favorite band is on tour.
Home Page - See Who's Coming To Georgia